10 August 2016
- Established the Puzzle Domain Support Desk to improve communication with members with respect to their support requests.
7 July 2016
- You can now register and login with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn account instead of creating a Puzzle Domain account.
13 February 2016
- Members can now view other member's profiles from the leader board.
25 January 2016
- Members can now upload an avatar against their profile.
24 January 2016
- You are no longer prompted to enter a username when registering. This is continuing down the path of dropping the need for a username altogether and using your email to log in.
11 January 2016
- Our upstream provider, SiteGround, performed a major upgrade of their infrastructure that hosts Puzzle Domain. The changes involved have made the whole Puzzle Domain experience faster.
- You are now able to log into Puzzle Domain with either your Email or your Username. Some members suggested that having a Name, a Username and an Email is too confusing, so our plan is to move away from Usernames altogether. Members will have a Name that is displayed throughout the site to other members and an Email that is private and used to log in.
11 December 2015
- We found a problem with the scoring where you could obtain a higher score than what was possible by restarting a puzzle. This has been corrected.
16 October 2014
- Added a button above the sudokus that allows you to toggle between adding answers and adding possibles.
30 September 2014
- The list of puzzles is now based off the Time Zone you set under your User Profile.
3 September 2014
- Your name now displays on the Leader Board even if you are not in the top 10 so that you know where you stand.
2 September 2014
- There is now a separate Leader Board for each level of difficulty rather than total points for each type of puzzle.
1 July 2014
- If you open Puzzle Domain but forget to log in, then start filling in a puzzle, we now remind you that you are not logged in and that your changes will be lost. Reminders will continue to appear until you log in, but no more than once every 30 seconds.
- If you are logged in to Puzzle Domain, have filled in a portion of a puzzle but then exit the page without pressing Save or Check, you will be provided with the opportunity to stay on the page and save your changes.
25 May 2014
- The layout of the screens is now a whole lot more responsive to different screen sizes. Try doing one of our crosswords on a tablet. It's so much easier!
16 April 2014
- The scoring of crosswords has been enhanced in that we no longer deduct points for an incorrect answer if that answer has already lost you points and has been entered a second time.
6 April 2014
- The Leader Board still displays the current month's leaders but now also includes a link to last month's leaders.
- Pressing a Sudoku cell on a mobile device now displays the number pad directly rather than having to switch to the number pad manually every time.
30 March 2014
- The Leader Board was first published showing the leading scorers for crosswords and sudokus.
- Added a "Remember Me" checkbox to the login screen so that you don't have to log in every time.
24 March 2014
- Scoring of puzzles was turned on. When you click on the Check button, your score is recalculated and displayed. For puzzles prior to the 24-Mar-2014, your score will always be shown as 0. The more difficult the puzzle, the more points you can earn, so don't be afraid to attempt the harder puzzles, even if you can only solve a portion of the puzzle. Be careful though, if you get something wrong, your score will go down. To read more about how scoring works, click on the Help button.
28 January 2014
- Crosswords are still getting better. There are just as many words within a grid as before but fewer abbreviations. We were receiving feedback that the abbreviations were making the crosswords too easy, so we reduced the number of abbreviations in each crossword.
29 September 2013
- There can now be more than one solution to a crossword. If more than one answer fits for a given clue, either answer is accepted.
- Checking a crossword now only checks answers that are completely filled in and are marked as correct only if the answer is correct instead of checking individual letters within a word.
- Crosswords are now more complete. We are adding more answers to the grid so that the crosswords are a little easier to solve.
- The user experience has been overhauled making the pages more responsive on smaller devices such as iPads and tablets.
- The overall performance of the site is now much improved.
15 April 2013
- Brand new Sudokus that follow a more traditional style are now available
- There are now 3 Crosswords and 3 Sudokus each day:
- An Easy, Medium and Hard Crossword each day
- An Easy, Medium and Hard Sudoku each day
- Saturday's Crosswords are still large 20 x 20's and Sunday's Crosswords are monster 30 x 30's
- You now have the ability to choose your level of difficulty each day, or perhaps do all 3 levels each day, your choice
7 April 2013
- The level of difficulty of Crosswords and Sudokus has been simplified to Easy, Medium and Hard
27 August 2012
- Puzzle Domain is now much more iPad, iPod and iPhone friendly.
11 June 2012
- Upgrade to back-end features.
27 March 2012
- Fixed a problem some people were experiencing with cached files. For some people, the timer was not working and navigating around the puzzles wasn't quite right.
17 March 2012
- Cleaned up and simplified the layout of the site.
- Limited some of the options to only registered and logged in users of the site.
10 March 2012
- Corrected a problem some people were experiencing when saving 30 x 30 crosswords.
29 January 2012
- We now have over 100,000 clue-answers to choose from when compiling crosswords, so the crosswords for 2012 just got a whole lot better!
4 December 2011
- Continuing down the Facebook path a little more, we have added a Like Box and a Comments Box below the footer. Hopefully, this is out of the way if it is not of interest but we encourage you to tell your friends and most importantly, let us know what you think of the puzzles.
17 October 2011
- The default layout of the crossword has changed so that the clues are displayed to the right of the grid. We felt that the majority of monitors are wider than they are tall.
- When you are logged in, you can now change the layout of the Crossword so that the clues are displayed to the right of the grid (landscape), or under the grid (portrait). The layout you select is remembered each time you log in.
5 October 2011
- Significant changes made to site layout preparing to present as a Facebook App.
18 September 2011
- Added social media buttons to allow you to share your comments with your friends.
9 August 2011
- When you are logged in, your name is now displayed above the puzzle. Previously, there was confusion as to whether you were actually logged in or not.
19 March 2011
- Redesigned and streamlined the site layout.
13 February 2011
- Added User Details to the top menu to allow users to change their details (email and password for example).
- Fixed a couple of discrepancies found between different browsers.
10 February 2011
- Added the ability to save (and load saved) Crosswords and Sudokus when logged in.
15 November 2010
- Provided the option to choose a daily puzzle from the last 7 days.
12 February 2010
- The "Printable Puzzle" buttons now print half-solved puzzles instead of just printing the starting grid.
- Bug fix applying strike-through on clue numbers when an answer is filled in on the crossword.
5 February 2010
- Changed Shift key to Ctrl key when adding possibles to Sudoku due to problems with Shift + Number Pad.
31 January 2010
- Added the ability to navigate the crossword and sudoku via keyboard or mouse.
- Added Help pages to assist in solving and navigating the puzzles.
- Added buttons to allow the printing of unsolved and solved puzzles.